Blood Law (Alexandria Sabian Series #1)

Blood Law - Jeannie Holmes "Why can't we all just get along??"Alexandra Sabian is a vampire who works for the Federal Bureau of Preternatural Investigations as an Enforcer. She's in charge of making sure the vamps don't break any laws and when they do, she's on the case.Vamps have been out of the closet for 40 years. There are people who don't seem to care either way, people who mingle with them and people who hate them. The main feel of the book, for me unfortunately, was more of a hate-crimes story. But, it's basically a murder mystery with vamps. There were some interesting twists on the vampires in her world, including the relationships between Hunters and Talents. I hope the next book focuses more on that and the "library" that Alex now has access to vs. the hatin', bigoted asses. LOL! I'm hopeful that it will, since, in the end, the murder mystery was solved.Overall, I liked it enough to check out the 2nd one. But, if the feel of the story doesn't change, I'll probably skip the rest. There's enough hatin' goin' on in the real world, IMO.