Bayou Moon (Edge Series #2)

Bayou Moon - Ilona Andrews Bayou Moon reunites us with William, a changeling we met in On the Edge. He's living in a trailer in the Edge, still thinking about Rose and the boys. Having "lost the girl" to Declan, he settles into his life in the woods, collecting his action figures and watching TV show DVDs. That is until he's approached by people who offer him whatever's needed to kill Spider, his arch enemy. He's wanted Spider dead for murdering changeling children and sets off into the Edge. On way there, he meets up with Cerise. I loved this book. Much more so than On the Edge, which I enjoyed quite a bit. William is one of my favorite heroes and Cerise is a strong, independent warrior in her own right. They help each other out during their journey and, even though they both feel the chemistry between them, try to stick to their individual missions and not get too involved. I loved this pairing! I thought they were a perfect match for each other. They've both done things in their past that needed to be done and forgive/accept that about the other. I didn't want this story to end. Ilona & Gordon are most definitely two of my favorite authors to date, they write such detailed, exciting and sexy stories! LOVE it!Cannot wait for book 3!-------------------------------MISC AUTHOR NOTES-------------------------------From (Author's Website) 5/13/10: "Cerise Mar and her unruly clan are cash poor but land rich, claiming a large swathe of the Mire, the Edge swamplands between the state of Louisiana and the Weird. When her parents vanish, her clan’s long-time rivals are suspect number one.But all is not as it seems. Two nations of the Weird are waging a cold war fought by feint and espionage, and their conflict is about to spill over into the Edge—and Cerise’s life . William, a changeling soldier who left behind the politics of the Weird, has been forced back into service to track down a rival nation’s spymaster.When William’s and Cerise’s missions lead them to cross paths, sparks fly—but they’ll have to work together if they want to succeed…and survive."I enjoyed Book #1: On the Edge and I'm interested to see how the series progresses.