Pretty When She Dies: A Vampire Novel

Pretty When She Dies - Rhiannon Frater I started this book with the idea I'd just taking a peek to see how it starts off, had every intention of waiting to read it fully after I completed the other three I'm already reading. However, the story grabbed me from page one and never let go! I was bummed when it was over. I was happy to see Ms. Frater mention a 2nd book, "Pretty When She Kills" coming out in the future, so there will be more Amaliya and Cian to come. :) Things I loved about this book: * What vamp book lover out there could resist such a beautiful cover?? * A return to gore and not an over romanticized vamp story * Amaliya acted as you'd expect and kicked ass in the processGreat Quote: "It's weird," she whispered. "You know, being so powerful and yet being so vulnerable." "It's the irony of being a vampire. Being immortal and being terrified of death."I think that's something that has always made vampires more "real" in stories is that even though they are immortal, they still have vulnerabilities.I checked out Rhiannon Frater's website and she's currently offering this book for FREE ONLINE *for an undetermined amount of time*, so check it out, then be sure to buy a copy for your collection!