Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin)

Spider's Bite - Jennifer Estep I have to say I was hoping for more. It started out good, loved the whole assassin thing + elemental abilities, but ... it just flopped a bit for me. Gin is hardcore and I dig that, but the "romance" was bleh. Spider's Bite introduces us to Gin Blanco. On the streets, she's known as "The Spider". She's a kick-ass assassin who always finishes the job and just hearing her name scares the crap out of people. While out on a job, she realizes she's been set up. Someone close to her gets brutally murdered and now she's out for revenge. She enlists the help of the only honest cop out there, Donovan Caine. The only problem is he is still dealing with the loss of his partner and believes Gin is responsible for his death.The "relationship" between them is lacking and could have been left out of the book entirely, IMO. I liked Gin and her skills as an assassin. Reminded me of "Point of No Return" sort of, which I loved. I also loved the supes. Her elemental power, and others in the book, was very interesting. I'll probably give book #2 a go. I am interested to see how things play out now that Gin has gotten a little bit more information about her past.