Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling Series #1)

Slave to Sensation - Nalini Singh Duplicate Listing 1st read: 12 Nov 2009Re-read: 20 Jan 2012 [2nd Review ~ Rating remains]Initial Review (2009):Yz introduced me to the series. I have to say that I loved the book. I will most definitely be reading the other books in the series.The Psy/Changeling world we are introduced to is new and interesting. I love finding a series that's similar, but different enough to be new. The world has split into three "species" - Psy (who feel no emotion and are ruled by logic), Changelings (who are shifters of different types - wolf, cat, etc) and Humans (who aren't shown in this book). One scared Psy feels she's on the brink of death because, despite all, she feels.The romance and connection between Sascha (Psy) and Lucus (100% Changeling Alpha) is hot from the word GO. Again, one of my favorite aspects of shifter books is the close-knit family bonds and the DarkRiver family has that in spades. The story also had some suspense and even a hunt to find a serial killer, making it all the more interesting.This book, and several others I've recently read, remind me that in addition to jumping on reading the new releases I should also pick a book from my massive TBR stack that's slightly older because it just might be as good or better than what's out now.