Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1)

Pandora's Box (The Road to Hell #1) - Gracen Miller I really expected to fall head over heals for this book. For all intents and purposes, I should'a. Twisted demons, sarcasm, and wicked sexiness, what's not to love? I don't know, to be honest. Other GReaders definitely found it to their liking, as shown by the 77% 5-star ratings. But, something about this one just didn't mesh for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved Gracen's dark and twisted baddies and her homicidal descriptions. I even liked the idea of a Sherlock Foundation that hunts supernatural creatures ~ very 'Supernatural'-esque. I just couldn't connect with the main characters like I had anticipated. I could definitely feel Madison's love for her son, Amos. But, try as I might, I couldn't feel the connection between her and Phoenix. The story did end in a bit of a cliffhanger, albeit a small one, so I may eventually give the series another go to find out how things eventually play out.