The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)

The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2) - Julie Kagawa The Eternity Cure is an outstanding sequel to Immortal Rules. It grabs you from the start and doesn't let go. I was a monster who killed and preyed on human life; I could never escape that, but at least I could choose what kind of lives I took. It's been four months since Allison walked away from Eden, a city under human rule, the only one of its kind, a walled-in paradise with no monsters or demons to prey on its unsuspecting citizens. She left because not only she is one of the monsters they feared most, but also in hopes of finding her maker and mentor, Kanin, who has been taken by Sarren, a twisted vampire with a vendetta. Along the way she joins forces with two men she thought she'd never see again; her blood brother Jackal, who she swore she'd kill if she ever saw again and Zeke, the human she left behind in Eden. Enemies become allies as the group searches for Kanin and the cure - the end of Rabidism. "It's not the physical scars that are the most painful." Allie, the former Fringer and street rat turned vampire, is not the same girl we met in [b:The Immortal Rules|10215349|The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)|Julie Kagawa|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1323357921s/10215349.jpg|15114912]. She's more confident in her abilities, but in The Eternal Cure we see her battle against her awakening hunger without losing her humanity. "No one who fights so hard to do the right thing is evil." Kanin continues to support Allison, but he takes a step back allowing her to make her own decisions. He's taught her what it means to be immortal, now she must choose how she wants to live. "There are no good choices, Allison," Kanin offered in a quiet voice. "There are only those you can live with, and those you can work to change." Julie Kagawa incorporates twists and turns throughout the book. Like the first book, The Eternity Cure ends on a cliffhanger. Everything has changed and I cannot wait to see where Julie takes us next. Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for a review copy of this book.