The Prince

The Prince (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz The Prince could've been called The Princes because it's really the story of not one, but two princes. Wesley, the Prince of Kentucky and Kingsley Edge, Le Petit Prince. Wesley's nickname comes from his family's wealth. He's the sole heir to the largest horse farm in the world, which is news to Nora. Kingsley grew up being treated like a little prince and being read Le Petit Prince every night by his mother. Both are very important men in Nora's life. Søren and Kingsley head North to try to unravel what may be a threat - a photo of the two from their Catholic school days. Who sent the photo and Why? No way to be certain, so they go back to the place to where it all began, Saint Ignatius. During their time there, Kingsley takes us on a journey into the past where we learn how they both ended up at Saint Ignatius, how they met, and why they have a push/pull relationship still to this day. We see the past through Kingsley's eyes. As their story unravels, we begin to (or try to) understand Søren a bit more.While the boys are up North, Nora heads South, out of harms way, to Kentucky with Wesley. He's overjoyed at having Nora by his side, but he's a bit nervous about having her at his home. He's never felt like the Prince of Kentucky. But, he hopes their time together will convince Nora that she's meant to be with him and see that he can offer her more than Søren ever could.Nora is living up to the description we were given in THE SIREN:She flirts, she teases, she confesses everything but reveals nothingIt seems that her bad-ass exterior is a way to protect her vulnerabilities. She's free in so many ways - sexually and definitely lacks a brain-mouth filter, yet there's much we have yet to see and I'm hoping we'll get an even closer look in THE MISTRESS. She continues to struggle between the two men who have a hold on her heart:Over the summer, she'd come to accept that she'd have to live without Wesley, that she couldn't be Søren's property and Wesley's ... whatever at the same time. Life with Søren seemed like a beautiful prison most days, a prison she chose, a prison she would never leave. Only Wesley's absence had made it feel like a punishment and not a palace ...Wesley, how I adore thee. He continues to be the strongest among the bunch. He knows what he wants, but he refuses to compromise.Wes's dad laid it out for Nora:"I'm sorry, Mr. Railey. I know I hurt your son. And I'll regret it until the day I die. But I-""Hurt my son?" Wesley's father shook his head and gave a horrible, cold laugh. "You didn't hurt my son. he falls off a horse and gets hurt. You broke that boy's spirit. Crushed him. I know about the smut you write. The wife's got a whole case of trash like that in the library. From what I can tell, only thing different about your books and the ones she reads is that in yours they get a little more creative. Your books don't bother me a bit. That you sell your body doesn't even bother me. What does bother me is that you pulled your tricks on my son. You used him, chewed him up and spit him out."She made a joke of it, but she needed to hear just how badly she'd hurt him. She holds his heart in her hands, I hope she doesn't crush it again ... not after it's finally started beating again.Kingsley, my dear Kingsley. I have no words. I am grateful for the peek into your past - laying your pain out there for the world to see. So brave, little prince, so strong, so sad.With each book in the series, I feel I understand Søren a bit more. He still scares me, but he is becoming more real to me. I am anxious to learn more in THE MISTRESS and THE PRIEST. As I've said in previous reviews for the series, this is not a hearts and flowers kinda romance. This is the most addictive series I've ever read. I read the books in 1-2 sittings and immediately wish I hadn't because the wait begins again. But, there's just no other way around it ... they keep me hungry for more.Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a review copy of this book. FIRST READ: Oct 29-30, 2012RE-READ: Jan 1-8, 2013