Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6)

Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) - Chloe Neill This is book #6, so if you haven't read the first 5, this is not the review you're looking for ... move along, move alongBiting Cold reunites us with Merit who's dealing with her reincarnated beau and her whacked-out on black magic (former?) bestie. Seems all that I loved when I first met Merit now bugs me. Initially, I liked Ethan, maybe even considered him as a potential book-beau for a bit, but damn he's one infuriating, bull-headed, vamp! He's four-hundred years old for cripes sake ... with age comes wisdom and all that, right? Merit's loss when he died for her could've broken her, but did it? No. Girl put on her big girl panties, grabbed her katana, kicked some ass, saved some lives and bettered herself. Now, Sir Ethan is back and she's too fragile? P-lease, Dude, get over yourself. Other randomness ... ☪ For a dead chick, Merit sure does eat a lot☪ I miss the old Mallory/Merit banter, no doubt Merit does too☪ Speaking of Mallory, did she fall into (Kane's) Downside b/c she'd fit right in on Addict Lane ... that's if they didn't eat her alive in the first 10 minutes☪ Um, maybe the Librarian could help?☪ Can we have more of Gabriel, please?! LOVE his tough-lovin' generous spirit. Overall ~ Didn't love it or hate it, but didn't mind putting it down either. Never a good sign. Hoping House Rules rocks my world. {Rating: 3.5/5★}