Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) - Gena Showalter The title, Alice in Zombieland, along with the series name, White Rabbit Chronicles, will no doubt lead many to believe this to be another classic mashup; a mash of Carroll's Alice in Wonderland and zombie horror. That would, in fact, not be entirely correct. Instead, think of "zombieland" as an intro to a new take on zombies. But, don't let that stop you from reading this book, especially if you are a fan of authors' putting their own twist on an old favorite.Alice Bell is a somewhat typical teenager. Unlike most teens, however, her dad is suffering from extreme paranoia to the point where no one is allowed outside after dark. He saw monsters no one else could see, and he refused to believe they weren't actually there - or trying to eat him and kill all those he loved.One night everything in her life changes and she begins to wonder if her father was sane after all.Gena's twist on zombies is an interesting one. The characters are all likable, but the side characters were my favorites. Alice's friend Kat is a riot and someone I would have loved to have in my life at that age. Cole and his bad-boy gang pique Alice's interest and my own. I look forward to continuing the series with Through the Zombie Glass due out sometime in 2013. {Rating: 3.5★}