Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire Series #1)

Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire Series #1) - Eternal Hunger introduces us to three brothers, Alexander, Lucian & Nicholas. This book focuses on the oldest, Alexander Roman, a vampire who is living in the human world, separate from the Eternal Order. The Eternal Order - ten Pureblood vampires who had passed on to the middle world, yet the laws, punished the lawbreakers, and governed every vampire credenti on Earth.When Alexander reaches maturity (or "morpho") 100 years earlier than expected, he must find his mate or risk being overcome with blood hunger. Luckily, he ends up on the doorstep of Psychiatrist Dr. Sara Donahue while going through morpho. She's not sure what to make of Alex when she finds him curled up on her steps, but her medical instincts kick in and does what she can to help him. While parts of this story were very good, others are so similar to other series that I had serious deja vu and had to remind myself it was a new series. The brothers were sexy and Lucian is definitely one I look forward to reading more about in book #3, Eternal Captive. Some of the mythology was new and interesting and I liked the Roman brothers in general, so I will give the other books a shot.