Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld 7)

The Darkest Passion - Gena Showalter WOW! The Darkest Passion is a fantastic addition to the LoTU series. The ending left me re-reading and teary-eyed. I am SO glad that Gideon's book, The Darkest Lie, will be out this month b/c I CANNOT WAIT! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Ms. Showalter for not making us wait a year for book #6!! I will definitely be re-reading this one, if for no reason other than to try (again) to wrap my head about all that happened.(As spoiler-free as possible) The Darkest Passion tells Aeron's story. He's the keeper of Wrath and is recently indebted to Paris (Keeper of Promiscuity). He has been spending his days/nights helping Paris find his next lay, while entertaining his like-a-daughter-to-him little demon, Legion (who "...only reach{es} his waist ... has green scales, two tiny horns ... and sharp teeth that produce poisonous saliva ... tiaras are her favorite accessory and living flesh her favorite meal."). He makes it clear to Paris that, unlike their other brothers, he has no desire to find a mate who he will just lose in time due to death, disease or disaster.In the heavens, Olivia, the angel that's been keeping an eye on him (stalking, rather), has been ordered by the Heavenly High Council to "...end Aeron's life or we will end yours". Lysander, Angel & mate of Bianca, tries to help Olivia as she struggles with her decision.Tasty Little Side Dishes --- Gideon (Keeper of Lies) is recovering from his injuries received during battle with the Hunters. He meets someone he feels like he's met before but cannot remember where/when. {{His book is next!!}}The Lords learn more about the Gods Cronus and Rhea. They just might not be as untouchable and almighty as they've been led to believe.Both the Hunters and the Lords continue to search for the last two missing artifacts, the Cloak of Invisibility and the Paring Rod. While doing so they get some help/interference from The Unspoken Ones. Remembering that there are other Lords/Demon Keepers out there, the Lords continue to search for them as well. Baden (Keeper of Distrust) was killed by the Hunters thus freeing his demon. The Lords believe his demon to be out in the world, causing havoc. The Hunters don't seem to care that killing the Lords will release their demon or have they found a way to contain them somehow?Strider (Keeper of Defeat) is struggling with the fact that they just can't seem to win. He can't lose a single challenge without suffering for it.Kaia (one of Gwen's sisters) and Cameo (Keeper of Despair) have mini-spots. I'm interested to see if Cameo will get a HEA. It's still rumored that Cameo and Torin (Keeper of Disease) have some sort of friends-with-benefits relationship.Kane (Keeper of Disaster) cracks me up b/c everywhere he goes something's always falling, breaking or otherwise getting destroyed b/c of his demon. Finding his HEA should be entertaining as well.Amun (Keeper of Secrets) is another interesting Lord. He signs mostly, instead of speaking, in order to try to contain all the secrets he holds in his head. But, since recently releasing many of those secrets in order to save Gideon, he's talking a bit more.[Format Read: eBook & Paperback]