Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy)

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5) - Richelle Mead Spirit Bound left me more satisfied than [b:Blood Promise|5996153|Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)|Richelle Mead|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41STNnlJc4L._SL75_.jpg|6651007], but also left me wanting more. No doubt I'll be reading [b:Last Sacrifice|6527740|Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)|Richelle Mead|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/316bfaBBSwL._SL75_.jpg|6719698] with high hopes. The books opener, another letter from Dimitri, was awesome! Especially since Ms. Mead released it as a sneak peek and got me all excited to get this book. But, this book, like BP, felt like it was The Little Engine That Could. Speeding ahead, then hits a hill and it's all "I think I can, I think I can" as it slowly gains momentum again.(As spoiler-free as possible) In this book, Rose is set to get her promise mark to finally become a guardian. As she hunts for and gets hunted by Dimitri, she continues her relationship with Adrian and he takes her to meet his family. Rose's obsession with Dimitri is wearing on him though. That's certainly understandable considering she chose to be in a relationship with him telling him she was ready to move on. I'm sure that might've been true at the time, but since seeing Dimitri and getting his letters, he's all she can think about these days.Rose & Lisa heard rumors that there may be a way to save a Strigoi. Rose jumps on this, trying to find anyone who can offer more information so that she can attempt to save Dimitri rather than kill him.Lisa & Christian are still apart, but still love each other. Rose (and others) try to make them see that they belong together. As always, Rose doesn't hold back and makes her feelings on all ongoing issues well known. Sometimes to her benefit, sometimes not. This time ... not, in a big way![Format Read: Audiobook & Hardcover]******************************************************************************************COUNTDOWN ... 5 days to goChapter 1 has been posted (this is just the opening bit!) - From (Author's Website) 5/13/10:"There's a big difference between death threats and love letters–even if the person writing the death threats still claims to actually love you. Of course, considering I once tried to kill someone I loved, maybe I had no right to judge.Today's letter had been perfectly timed, not that I should have expected any less. I'd read it four times so far, and even though I was running late, I couldn't help but read it a fifth time. My dearest Rose, One of the few downsides to being awakened is that we no longer require sleep; therefore we also no longer dream. It's a shame, because if I could dream, I know I'd dream about you. I'd dream about the way you smell and how your dark hair feels like silk between my fingers. I'd dream about the smoothness of your skin and the fierceness of your lips when we kiss. Without dreams, I have to be content with my own imagination– which is almost as good. I can picture all of those things perfectly, as well as how it'll be when I take your life from this world. It's something I regret having to do, but you've made my choice inevitable. Your refusal to join me in eternal life and love leaves no other course of action, and I can't allow someone as dangerous as you to live. Besides, even if I forced your awakening, you now have so many enemies among the Strigoi that one of them would kill you. If you must die, it'll be by my hand. No one else's. Nonetheless, I wish you well today as you take your trials–not that you need any luck. If they're actually making you take them, it's a waste of everyone's time. You're the best in that group, and by this evening you'll wear your promise mark. Of course, that means you'll be all that much more of a challenge when we meet again–which I'll definitely enjoy. And we will be meeting again. With graduation, you'll be turned out of the Academy, and once you're outside the wards, I'll find you. There is no place in this world you can hide from me. I'm watching. Love, Dimitri"Awesome! I can't wait to read this one!