Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1) - 3½★ / 5.0I listened to the audiobook and something about the guy who read Sam's character kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Enough to where I almost stopped listening and thought I'd have to search for the book at the library to read instead. But, he grew on me or maybe I was just able to tolerate it enough to finish. Anyway ...The story reminded me of "Twilight", albeit a werewolf version. Definitely a young adult novel, but a nice love story. Grace was dragged off by wolves when she was eleven years old. One wolf, one with yellow eyes, saves her. For the next six years she watches "her" wolf in her backyard each winter and notices he's not around during the warmer months. A school boy gets mauled by wolves, goes missing from the morgue and the town wants to hunt them. She can't let that happen, she can't lose her wolf.Sam has been watching Grace too. He's watched her as wolf and boy.I did like the alternating view points and the temperature readings with each chapter, they set the tone for each.All-in-all it was a sweet YA romance.